Wednesday 5 August 2015

Wow, it's been a busy time here!

Hi,
Yet again I've been really busy and not taken the time to update my blog for a while...but there a really good reason for that! We moved house :-)

We put the offer in for the house way back in December last year and we finally got the keys just over two weeks ago! That's just over 7 months from start to finish! And we've still got a few boxes to unpack. 

4 days after we moved we went on holiday to Corfu. Nothing like timing things to add to the stress ha ha. 
Corfu was hot. Real hot! I don't handle the heat very well and was glad to get back to our room each night for the air con :-)
The kids loved the holiday of course, even though my youngest one got ear infections in both ears because he was never out of the swimming pools. The on-site doctor was really good though. 

I took my proper camera with me just in case I got the chance to grab some nice shots. The chance for that came one evening when we were having dinner at a gorgeous little restaurant called San Carlos just down the road from the hotel in Agios Georgios (if you're ever in the area I can highly recommend it). 
We were eating dinner outside when the sun started creeping towards the horizon   I excuses myself from everyone else at the table and ran down the steps to the beach. I grabbed a few shots...several of which were interrupted by people walking past. I normally don't include people in my landscape shots but when I saw this one I knew it was the shot of the evening. The couple walking past really add to the atmosphere of the image...it's just a real shame they weren't holding hands. 


So, you go away for a week with those closest to you and you have to come up with a memorable way to round off the holiday for your kids. What do you do?
You take them up on a parasail of course. 

Even my 5yr old was super keen to have a go at it ha ha. 
The guys on the pontoon took great care of us and even used a shorter rope so the kids wouldn't get too scared. They did the obligatory dunking up to the knees at the halfway point and then performed a precision landing right in the middle of the pontoon so we didn't end up in the sea...much to my 9yr olds disgust ha ha. 

In recent months I have been working with a local design company after they asked me to do some photos for their new corporate website. I got the nod from them today that the new website is up and running and open to the public. I would really like this to turn into something of a regular thing as it is a real buzz doing portraits and product shots for real companies. 
Have a look at www.gemma-international.co.uk to see how they turned out. 
If you know of any companies looking for photographic help then I'd be more than happy to help out. 

What's next?
More unpacking of boxes in the house and finding homes for things. 
On Saturday evening myself and Melissa are going out with the Hampshire Astronomy Group to eat pizzas and watch the skies for several hours. A perfect opportunity to bring the camera and get some night shots. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the clouds will stay away...and that there may even be a few meteors, as we are getting close to when the Perseids will be doing their annual display. 

I'll let you know how I get on. 

For now, have a look at my website (www.kevinbrownephotography.com) or why not follow me on my Favebook page (www.facebook.com/kevinbrownephotography) 

See you soon. 

Kev. 

No comments:

Post a Comment