Monday 9 February 2015

Durdle Door, Dorset

Has it really been 3 months since I've written anything on this blog???

There's been a few things happening since my last post (about my trip to Iceland):
1) I nearly moved house, but it fell through on the day of exchange :-/
2) I moved in with Melissa :-)
3) I bought a Canon 100-400mm lens :-)
4) I spent £1,100 to get my car fixed after it broke down on me :-/

On Saturday 7th Feb I went out with my friend Mark to shoot sunrise at Mupe Bay in Dorset. I had seen a beautiful picture of it on Facebook and wanted to create my own version of it. However...there's alway a "However" isn't there!...to get there you have to walk about 1.5 miles over military firing ranges which are only open at weekends and public holidays. Little did we know when we arrived there that the military ranges didn't open till about 9am! That'd be no good for sunrise!

Plan B...we drove to Lulworth and parked up with a view to walk over the South West Coastal Path to Mupe Bay. However...here we go again...the path was closed off because of a landslide! It seemed someone didn't want us to get there that day.

Plan C...Durdle Door.
All nicely wrapped up warm, camera bags on our backs and a big flask of hot coffee off we set. Apart from tripping over a rabbit hole when Mark said "Look at the moon" it was a lovely walk down to the Door. We didn't fancy the rough clamber down to the beach so we walked a bit further along the clifftop to be able to get a shot of the sun coming up over the horizon beyond the Door.

I did a few different compositions, but the 3-stitch panoramic I took really pleased me and has been retweeted loads of times on Twitter (it even got retweeted by Boycie from Only Fools And Horses...bragging rights ha ha ha).



As always this image is for sale as a canvas print on my website:
www.kevinbrownephotography.com

Speak to you soon

Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment