Friday 1 August 2014

It's been a while!

Apologies! It's been a while since I posted anything here. 
I especially have to apologise to one person in particular - you know who you are! 

2014 so far has been a year that won't be forgotten. 
At the start of the year I had to say goodbye to my little furry friend of 14 years. My dog Charlie reached the end and the bet thing for him was to send him of peacefully. 
Some of you may remember that I had been struging with damaged nerves in my shoulder for a while. Well it turned out that was because of severely prolapsed discs in my neck causing damage to the nerves...and threatening to pull my spinal cord apart. Once the problem was diagnosed I went in for urgent surgery to stop me from being paralysed from the neck down. 
On top of that I was informed by my wife that she was leaving me. Breaking that news to my two sons was one of the hardest things I've ever done!
My house is now sold and I am hoping to hear good news on offers I have made on a couple of houses nearby, which will mean I can stay close to the area and have my kids stay half the time. 

So, it's been a weird year. Yes it certainly has! But...something amazing has happened as well. 

I've met someone who has shown me the true meaning to happiness, that there is always a bright light shining, that some things were meant to happen. 
Looking back on past years I have realised that my marriage should've ended years ago, that it was just a matter of routine and that there was no joy or happiness in life anymore. 

I have met the most amazing person imaginable, who has shown me what my life should have been for many many years. There is now a real reason to be happy, to look forward to finishing workfor  the day, to look forward to weekends. 

It may take a little while for my two boys to get into a new routine of living in two different houses, and when they are with either parent they will be treasured and looked after as much a they have always been, but they will be happy. Many many people have told me recently that kids are extremely resilient and they actually orivide a lot of support to parents when going through a break-up...I really do believe that to be true now. My two boys have been absolutely amazing. 

And when I introduce them, over time, to this amazing person I've met, I hope they see that I am happy as well. 

Melissa, I'm sorry to have put you through so much crap over the last few months. You are amazing. You are everything that anyone could wish for xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment