Monday 6 January 2014

2014 is turning out to be quite good so far :-)

Good evening everyone,
I'm in a happy mood today. You know one of those days when good things just come along all at once and even if you're having a rubbish day at work it doesn't matter? yep, one of those days :-)

Why? Because of a couple of things.

Firstly, some excessive Tweeting over the last couple of weeks may just well be starting to pay back. I have been busy on my Twitter account testing out reaction from some local businesses to see if they would be interested in displaying some of my photos. Ok, so I tweeted a LOT of them, and it was getting to feel like I was some sort of stalker, but I've had some really nice responses and encouragement...and some genuine interest. I've had a couple of cool venues reply to me saying that they want to talk further to me. It's early days, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can come to some sort of mutually beneficial agreement. If/when it comes off I will certainly be posting some details about it.

Secondly, I received an email today from Hampshire Life magazine saying they wanted to print one of my images, and could I do a write-up on why I photograph Hampshire and what this particular image means to me. Ok, so I don't get paid, but they've asked me to include my website details "in case any readers would like to purchase a print of it". The exposure and possible interest is what I'm after at the moment, the chance for extra interest in my website. Hampshire Life magazine is seen by a LOT of people. This image is going to be printed in the February issue. I'm a happy boy.

http://www.kevinbrownephotography.com/#!Bratley-View-New-Forest-Hampshire/zoom/galleryPage/image12aa


Oh, I almost forgot. Another reason to be happy...I've just sold another canvas print of this image as well :-)

Happy 2014 everyone. Onwards and upwards chaps, don't forget to share this post with your friends.

Kev.

www.kevinbrownephotography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment